Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Year, New School, New Stuff...

Summer is almost over and while I will miss sleeping in and spending quality time with Big Dumb Dave and Cleo Petunia, I am VERY excited about the new school year!!
Have you seen the new school?? It's beautiful! I was over on Monday and got to take a look at the band room. We have a whiteboard with staff lines, a SMART board, a SINK to clean out mouthpieces, and something I've wanted for the last 16 years....A FLAT FLOOR!!
In addition to the excitement of the new building and room, I'm also excited about our performances this year. As I was packing up, I started planning music for this year. Now, if I can just find the box that I packed that music in... 8th graders will be performing at the elementary schools for our annual recruiting trip as well as at Hershey Park. 7th and 8th grade band will participate in District Band Performance Assessment and EVERYONE will of course take part in the winter and spring concerts.
Enjoy the rest of your time off. Be sure to look for your instruments and dust them off :-) Remember, you do not need to bring instruments on the first day of school!
See you soon!!!

No comments: